Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: Paramagnetic soil  (Read 782 times)

Xzoomd

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« on: March 02, 2002, 10:33:00 pm »
anyone experiment with raising the
pramagentic value of their soil using
magnatite or other high paramagnetic stone
dust.?
if you havnt heard of it yo can do a Google
search using keywords..parmagnetic soil or
Dr. (Phil ?) Callahan.
xzoomd
here's one of many sites about it
Read Part I or scroll to Part II for paramagnetism
http://ncatark.uark.edu/~steved/paramagnetic.html

Xzoomd

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2002, 04:58:00 am »

Xzoomd

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2002, 11:43:00 am »

Xzoomd

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2002, 08:11:00 pm »
i'm starting to wonder if paramagnetism isnt
the reason hydro outgrows soil grows, since
o2 is paramagnetic.
wouldnt it be cool to equal or maybe even
surpass a hydro with soil?!
there are a few sites selling paramagnetic
rock dust etc. good info but chose not to
include them (stay away from lava sand & the
dirt Dr. btw).
here are few more links...
http://www.bfa.com.au/news/articles/200
1_spring_paramagnetism.htm
http://members.tripod.com/~poeticpiet/guest_appearances/paramagnetism.htm
anyone reading this:lol:

organic

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2002, 09:18:00 pm »
Yea Zoomy I'm reading this... :)
Too busy in my fields to spend too much time on this, but I have come across paramagnetic theories in my organic studies.  Some interesting claims have been made, especially (if I am remembering correctly) about increasing Brix  (sugar) levels in fruit, and increased shelf life of the finished product.  Seeing as how many feel that sugar content is one of the primary factors in the taste of good weed, we may be on to something here beyond just potency...
I'll try to spend a little time digging and may even experiment a bit - I'm already working on a soil formulation high in minerals to see the effects, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to work in more of the paramagnetic theories.
On a somewhat related note, has anyone tried using a refractometer to measure their finished products?
O

Xzoomd

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2002, 11:00:00 pm »
I did searches at some of the of the other
sites...nothing.
O, lotta' reading but check this out too.
W-waves (http://www.chatlink.com/~oedphd/plants/Welcome.html)
Xd

organic

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2002, 08:55:00 am »
Interesting...although it definitely smacks of the mad scientist raving "I've discovered the secret to everything! :lol:
For now I'm going to start by amending my grow soil with rock phosphate (I think I'll pound it down into dust) and gypsum and we'll see what happens...
I also have a refractometer (or used to) so I'll look into that, and I'll be reading up on those links.  Got the first one digested last night, will be following up on the rest as time permits.
O

organic

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2002, 08:59:00 am »
Quick reviews on these links:
1)  Makes a good case for paramagnetism, but there are an awful lot of unsupported claims.  These might be true, but without references and further research of the principles described, it's hard to tell.
2)  It would be awfully hard to tell if the growth benefits you'd receive from this stuff came from paramagnetism or simply from the nutrient content.  It looks like a nice balanced mineral fertilizer for sure though!
3)  Not really any info to speak of here.
4)  Ow!  My head hurts! :p
So far my take on it is that we'll have to try it ourselves to see if it really works.  Once again, my feeling is that a high-mineral-content soil can only help the plant, with or without paramagnetic forces, so it's a win-win situation regardless of whether or not the stuff pans out.
O

Xzoomd

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2002, 11:17:00 am »
Maybe I'll order some the first week or two in May then. When I get it I'll let you know...maybe we can walk through this together (if you have time). I know you're busy season is very close.
X
ps There's a hydro shop around here where the people SEEM cool. Two young chicks and a guy. I think I'll see if I can rouse their curiosity a bit, so I don't have to pay shipping.
cont.

organic

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2002, 08:10:00 pm »
Right on, my man :D
I won't disappear until just before July, so we have some lead time...lookin' forward to it!
O

Xzoomd

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2002, 05:35:00 pm »
if i don't get it soon or the shop starts to carry it...we may have to wait till winter. i doubt if i can wait that long though. i want to see what happens.

Delta

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2002, 05:53:00 pm »
Great stuff here ... just caught the thread today.
I have loads to say on paramagentism as it relates to zoomions ... haha.   The real data is in the cation and anion exchange values within the medium as the salts/dusts relate to one another.  We musn't forget that the plants feed on inorganic ions and appropriate compounds can be EXTREMELY effective.  I've been floored since I started tweaking my recipes.
Can soil beat hydro?  FVCK YES!  At least around here.  I've done the tests, side by side, and I was coming off 4+ years of pwc.
I agree with Organic's 2nd point that the claims are based primarily on the values of nutrients the "paramagentic" products contain.
Organic hit it again with the increased sugar contents but I want to expand that into the realm of increased vigor and overall plant health.  And back again down to the ion exchange level surround the roots.  All I can say is I'm still trying to close my mouth.
I've been on a mad search for what I termed 'organic salts'  years ago while others call them rock dusts, trace minerals, or whatever.
I'm on a different organic road than most, I find some times and this is where I was trying to get with that salt thread. When I said they are all natural in original, although some may be processed for purity.
I have whole lists and notebooks of recipes and experiments with many different types of raw dusts ... I think I like that better.  Less confusing with the chemical salts?
But ... once we get into it a bit deeper, some very clear realities begin to shine regarding other forms of nutrients ...
Big topic, like biostimulants it can get very confusing because of the lack of consistency and definition across the industries involved with these mined rocks.

Xzoomd

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2002, 07:38:00 pm »
one thing i did found was that magnitite (black rock, i think) has the highest paramagnetic properties...can you get it?
Zoomion :D.....i like that :lol:

organic

• View Profile
Paramagnetic soil
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2002, 10:13:00 pm »
Hey Delta, good to see you around :)
So spill the beans, man!  What have you found so far?  It hints at being something big
(I am prepared for a dissertation if need be)
What you are saying about the increased sugar content being the tip of the iceberg so to speak, as far as it relates to overall plant vigor and ion exchange, makes sense to me.  The increased exchange rate in the presence of proper nourishment would lead, in theory, to all kinds of positive health effects, including raising sugar content therefore improving taste.  My expectation would be that it is the factor of increased ion exchange (assumed to be provided by the paramagnetic charge) in the presence of readily assimilable minerals (organic salts), leads to an effect that is greater than the sum of their parts.  One might surmise that if this interaction were to be fine-tuned and maximized, the resulting response might be enormous.  Am I close?
O