Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: mexican red hair  (Read 176 times)

ScOrPiO

• View Profile
mexican red hair
« on: August 13, 2004, 10:49:04 pm »
is the mexican red hair better when its white or red...?????

naturall_mystic

• View Profile
mexican red hair
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 11:49:04 pm »
Are refering to a dog or plant?

ScOrPiO

• View Profile
mexican red hair
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 12:49:04 am »
obviously a plant.....my buddy got a bunch of weed...and the mexican red hair isnt red...its white....whats the deal with that?

Pepperpot

• View Profile
mexican red hair
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 01:49:04 am »
the mexican red hair isnt red...its white....It was most likely cut to soon.  The hairs are white and when matured turn red.  How's the smoke??  Some of the original mexican strains were VERY good till the mass producers got ahold of it.

snowboarderCO42

• View Profile
mexican red hair
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 02:49:04 am »
Unfortunately you bud was cut too early.  Probably an impateint grower :)   We all know how that is.  Does it smoke ok?

ScOrPiO

• View Profile
mexican red hair
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 03:49:04 am »
yea i thought so...the smoke is horrible

Jr. Greenthumb

• View Profile
mexican red hair
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 04:49:04 am »
Well I'm gonna have to butt in here. If you read the harvest area in here it will explain exactly what you are asking. Now, that being said. When you are ready to harvest you need to flush your plant if you have been using ferts. If you don't then it will be harsher to smoke. When the buds are ready to harvest the buds begin to change colors. (ripen) just like a tomato. Grow green but is ready to pick when it's red or yellow. Breeds vary in color changes. Now "HIGH" wise. If you harvest early you will get a more UP high, or me a giggly buzz, what I like. This is due to higher amounts of THC and lower amounts of CBN and CBD. If you let them mature properly you get the exact opposit. Higher CBN and CBD and lower THC. Wich gives you a more mellow "STONED" buzz.
You'll have to pick buds at various stages to see which you prefer. Personally I like to pick them just after they start to change. Not too early and not too late. As soon as they start I pick. Just my personnal preferance........
CBD= Cannabidol
CBN= Cannaibinol
CBD can also increase the onset of the the buzz making it last as much as twice as long. and CBN seems to potentiate THC's disorienting qualities.

TetraHydroCanna

• View Profile
mexican red hair
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 05:49:04 am »
i dont think the hairs are mexican at all, just pistils from a female flower