Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: lst with electric wire  (Read 57 times)

kebeckif

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« on: April 25, 2005, 07:11:01 pm »
Hi Folks!
I have been using electrical wire to bent my stems and branches. I just shape it as a hook and stick it in the soil at the proper location. It is easy to ajust the level of pressure applied by taking it a little bit in or out.
I think using this method is less hassle than tying up knots and making holes in pots.
My Lst strategy is to bent the main stem until an other branch wants to take over. I ty that branch also and repeat this until I get 5 main stems and the plant isn't higher than 12'. The plant devellop a solid main stem witch can support heavy buds. It has also the advantage of toughtning up the plant if you want to grow it outdoors afterwards. It is less susceptible to wind.

pontoon

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 08:11:01 pm »
...the single strand, heavy duty type kebeckif? That's a heck of an idea, and a nice first post to our community! :thumbs:
Hope you enjoy yourself while you're here, and welcome aboard! :hello:

grass_hopper

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 09:11:01 pm »
and the plant isn't higher than 12'.  
Oooh - what I wouldn't do for a twelve footer! :drool:
I think you meant inches, though.  Right? :D

kebeckif

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:11:01 pm »
yes. You need electric wiring that goes into walls. You take only one strand of it and cut it to 18". The good part is that you can re-use it over and over.
Thanks for the welcoming greetings. I have done a lot of reading on this site and now its time of giving back. It's a challenge to come with sometihng new with so many artificially enhance brains filled with creativity.
By the way I wanted the post pictures in the thread but the system wouldnt let me because the pictures took to much space. Can you help me on that.

kebeckif

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 11:11:01 pm »
I meant ". Thanks Grass h.
By the way I read your thread on how to make honey oil some time ago. I wouldn't try it. Im to scare it blows in my face. I will try the silkscreen method instead on my next crop. The video is really great!

pearl

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 12:11:01 am »
kebeckif........welcome to hc.com

Mr Burns

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 01:11:01 am »
kebeckif.
             Hi and welcome from a relative newbie myself. Good idea with the wire and I may use it for some of my journal girls.
 As for your picture problems I use paint like this-
1- Right click your picture in whatever file it is and then click edit in the drop down box.
2- In the toolbar at the top of page click image and another box appears.
3- Left click 'stretch/skew' and a box appears.
4- You'll see a box with stretch written above it and this is the one to use.
5- Put the values in for how much you wanna stretch it. All pictures your about to play with stand at 100%. So to halve it put 50 in each percentage box and click OK. To make it three quarters the size use 75 in each box. Get it?
6- If you want to keep the original size and make this re-sized one an extra, save it in the file menu and rename it before saving. Voala, one original and one reduced.
 Now where's those pictures you promised????????????
Burnsy.......................

kebeckif

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 02:11:01 am »
hey Mr. Burns.
Thanks for the welcoming and the instruction.
Heres those promised pictures.

Mr Burns

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 03:11:01 am »
Yep yep yep.
                     I can see exactly what you mean. I was imagining using the wire along the length of the stems. Like those nicely shaped bushes you see in garden centres?
 I suppose once the lower stems have hardened with your method, you can then move up and thread branches?
 It's kinda what I imagined doing to utilise my whole area rather than have plants losing a battle for light in one area, whilst light may be going to waste in another?
Burnsy..........

kebeckif

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 04:11:01 am »
The objective I am trying to reach is to fill as fast as possible a volume of 7'X7'(size of garden)X 12" thick of healty develloping tips. The plants tend to reach max height first so thats why I have to encourage them to grow horizontaly with lst to fill the gaps between them. As soon as the volume is filled, I put them into flowering. That way I get an even canopy that the light can penetrate equally. I dont like to grow the plant more than 12" in veg because at the end it will take more time and more leave and stem will be produce for the same amount of smokable matter.

b4420

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 05:11:01 am »
Is the size of that wire, I'd guess. Most hardware shops sell that and 12 gauge, though 12 is heavier than you need. I imagine you can buy it in single strands, but usually it comes two-or three-strands wrapped together. The label will say something like 14/2 for the two strand and 14/3 for the three strand (grounded).
You beat me to it, kebeckif, that's what I came up with as the best choice for my training - still a few weeks off. I had some 12 laying around and thought that would be better than shoelaces or whatever. Though as I said, it's kind of overkill and 14 gauge would be easier to work with.

kebeckif

• View Profile
lst with electric wire
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 06:11:01 am »
My first idea was to twist the strain around a branch just like bonzaï but it was to risky to damage it. I realized afterward that it wasn't necessary since a good bent at the good place just does the trick.
I use wire to bent branches sideways also. This is usefull went you have overlaping branches.