Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: Few questions from a n00b  (Read 175 times)

KrillTheConquer

• View Profile
Few questions from a n00b
« on: February 26, 2005, 07:55:29 pm »
So I want to grow, but there is a few things confusing my mind. How much is the smallest sq ft space I could use to grow(don't really care about strain) and how bad is the smell really going to be from 1 plant. I can understand that a room would stank like **** if there was dozens of plants sitting around but if it's just 1 plant I might be able to get away with a window open frequently and some odour neutralizers or a air freshener?

schreck

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 08:55:29 pm »
Hey there, Krill, and welcome to HC.com!  :hello:
Smallest space you could grow in?  I've seen grows take place inside a computer case, so maybe one square foot.  That's pretty tight though, and I can't imagine the yeild would be too significant. (Watch someone come and prove me wrong.  :grin: )
As far as the smell goes, it really does depend on strain.  Northern Lights is probably one of the lowest odor plants around, you wouldn't even have to open the window.  I've grown other plants, however, that stank up the whole house, even when they were small.
Look around, do a lot of reading, and make your decisions from there.
Good luck!
schreck:crazy:

KrillTheConquer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 09:55:29 pm »
well the sapce I have is just about that big to tell you the truth. It's a little compartment on the bottom of my bookcase that is 1FT 3 inches tall and 10 inches deep. The good thing about it is that no one will ever go into it mostly because there is a huge mess right infront of it. Also it's VERY wide so if it's possible I could grow 2 plants in there and hope I get at least 1 female -_-. I pretty much "know" everything knowledge wise but I have no ****ing idea how anything really works. All I really do is have $150 and I went through the grow guide. :doh:

xjo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 10:55:29 pm »
Hey krill.....welcome to Hc........:hello:
 One of our mods grows in a very confined space, n_d_shadows......you may want to check out his grow journals here (https://www.hempcultivation.com/420/search.php?searchid=186252).
 Xjo:hippy:

KrillTheConquer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 11:55:29 pm »
Thanks for all the help, hopefully depending on how the next hour or so goes I'll know how big my space is. If good I might have a HUGE space if bad I might have to not grow :\. If I do get to grow though, it'll be awesome because my plants will be harvested by the summer where I'm going to an empty house for 5 days.. full of Big screen T.V pool table, dvds trampoline, campouts lol EVERYTHING plus tons of off topic beverages >_>.

cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 12:55:29 am »
krill just keep in my mind lights, room for pots and grow medium.. They all take up space. looks to me like ur in for some fun :silvermj:

Beener2969

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 01:55:29 am »
This is interesting, I've never heard of someone growing in such small places. If some of these spots work out. Please post the set-ups. I don't need to hide 'em out but might wanna set-up some different grows all at once for a flavor variety pack! :D
Krill, you might wanna check out the skunk factors on some strains though. I'm trying my first "Big Bud" grow. (just couldn't resist the claim of legendary yield size :D ) I can tell ya that thier very skunky ladies, 'bout 3 weeks in and they slap ya right in the nose when you walk in the grow room. Should be monsterous skunk at flower time. Well I love that smell myself. Well good luck.
Oh ya...I've seen many seed banks selling "femanized seeds". I've never bought them so I can't attest to thier claim. But they say that the % of plants being female is like the mid or high 90% range. If your growing only one plant, you might wanna consider this. I'm sure someone here has experience with these.
"The bigger are my roots - the sweeter is my Fruits :D "

Old_Phart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 02:55:29 am »
Say Krill,
I can't fathom a 1' 3" tall grow. If it's possible, there will not be any fruit to speak of. I vote not to grow 'till you can do it right.
OP

DrJack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 03:55:29 am »
I agree with Old_Phart. You may be able to grow a seedling, and maybe even a very small vegged plant, but you have to remember that many strains (I would guess most of them) will double, triple, or even quadruple their height during flowering which would put your plants in a bad place come fruiting time.