Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: What happens if you flower too soon  (Read 205 times)

Carminion

• View Profile
What happens if you flower too soon
« on: August 13, 2004, 10:48:35 pm »
hi, on my last grow I think I may have flowered too soon. what I ended up with was a semi large tree  that had lots of small buds that were all turning(70%)  but no big buds.
Any suggestions, maybe i harvested too soon :rolleyes:  :mad:

gpguy2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 11:48:35 pm »
hi, on my last grow I think I may have flowered too soon. what I ended up with was a semi large tree  that had lots of small buds that were all turning(70%)  but no big buds.
Any suggestions, maybe i harvested too soon :rolleyes:  :mad:
Often its desirable for indoor grows not to have large plants because artificial light only does any good at the very top of the plants.   My guess is the reason for the not too large buds is just not enough light not the actual size of your plants.    Need more info.   What are you running for lights?    If the plants still look vigorous and green when you harvested then maybe you harvested too soon.    Personally that's what I find.   There may be other factors.

Carminion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 12:48:35 am »
I was using a SONT 400W HPS and Nutes from general hydroponics it is the flouro grow series. The plants did strech a bit but it looked like the buds matured before they were big enough.

smoken_kind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 01:48:35 am »
Some people flower clones as soon as they are rooted. To aswer your ? Smaller yeild...

SerratedFrond

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 02:48:35 am »
Well the small buds are probably due to poor lighting.  You cant really flower too early, but you can definatly harvest too early.  How many plants were there, and in how big of an area?  *tips hat*

James Bong

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 03:48:35 am »
did you do a lot of triming on your plant?...topping it to get more bud sites maybe?

SerratedFrond

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 04:48:35 am »
Topping is a waste of time.  Look into LST in the library for a fuller plant.

TetraHydroCanna

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 05:48:35 am »
the strain could be a possiblity, but if the trichomes were almost all amberish color then they were mature, i think.  But definately not too early for flowering as long as you let them veg for a little bit