Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: a few question froma new grower.  (Read 186 times)

G4nJa_For_You

• View Profile
a few question froma new grower.
« on: April 04, 2005, 08:23:28 am »
1) Ok so i have a sprout growing in a 5 in diameter pot, Its in my grow box that is about 2 feet tall, 1 1/2 feet deep and 1 1/2 feet wide. What would the correct amount of wattage be for this plant?
2) How long does it usually take seeds to germinate when using the paper towel method?
Thanx for any help at all.

Beener2969

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 09:23:28 am »
1) Ok so i have a sprout growing in a 5 in diameter pot, Its in my grow box that is about 2 feet tall, 1 1/2 feet deep and 1 1/2 feet wide. What would the correct amount of wattage be for this plant?
2) How long does it usually take seeds to germinate when using the paper towel method?
Thanx for any help at all.
Hi G,  The Answer Is.....Everything you can give it! :lamp:  No but seriously. I'm a little confused by the description of high an deep. Measure the sq footage.   Width x Length = xx sq ft.   If it's more accurate to do by inches then it would be Width in " x Length in " = sq inches, sq. inches / 144 = sq feet. That slash is divided by. You can do that all at once on your calculator. If you're only going to grow that one plant, then consider just the room it will be using.
Ok, Minimum is considered about 2,500 lumens per sq foot. Mid would be about 5000 lumens per/sq ft. Optimal is "considered" to be 7,500 lumens per sq foot. That's the norm.
That being said though, many people here use less then optimal lumens. The difference is reflected in bud quantity, bud density, amount of plant vegetation, and unfortunately it can make a difference in potency.
That doesn't mean that it wont get you high.
But if you want the monster plants, with the big resinous buds that will leave you drooling through a whole episode of the Brady Bunch before you even realize you've been watching it! <--- actually happened to me - not a dramatization, or professional actors :doh:
You want as much light as you can throw at the b****es, within reason. You can add lights over time. I've improved my lighting over time, as I'm sure many have. Good Luck   OH Ya...my seeds usually pop in 2 to three days. Make sure they don't dry out.
I just noticed that you asked about "wattage". You really want a bulbs "lumens" rating, not the wattage.
There's a link to the "grow guide" in my signature below. Click it, and it will take you there. There's also a link at the top of the forum pages.
Do yourself a favor and give it a good read. MJ is very easy to grow with the right info. And very easy to kill without the right info. It really takes a good deal of reading, and a commitment to learn, to grow it properly. All the info is right here though. And everyone is here to help anyone that's sincerely trying to help themselves.
So give it a go. Ask questions along the way. People will help. But your gonna want to get a lot of info before you pop those seeds :D  Nothing sucks more than finding out something "after" it's too late :thumbs:

HowHigh?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 10:23:28 am »
sounds like your looking to light only one plant in a 1 1/2 feet wide pot?   if you asked me i would light that one plant with a 125 watt compact floro, or a 150 watt HID...thats all you would need.    good luck on your grow G4nja!

Genetic-Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 11:23:28 am »
The general rule is 70W per plant with HPS/MH or 100W with flos.