Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: tying down my plants?  (Read 46 times)

senorpimpo

• View Profile
tying down my plants?
« on: April 25, 2005, 07:05:46 pm »
what up guys,
so i planted these 4 weeks ago and i didnt expect them to grow nearly this fast but i had to start flowering already because i heard that they will double or more once i do.  i know they need nutrients im working on that right now, but i cant afford my plants to get that tall cuz then my light will be too close and there will be too much heat.  any tips on where/how to tie it down safely so it doesn't grow as tall? check em out

AceW

• View Profile
tying down my plants?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 08:05:46 pm »
WOW for 4 weeks those are huge. Well i think that stem might be really thick, so be careful tying it down so you don't snap the stem. Tie it down a bit more everyday to work it down. I would have trained them earlier however.

Eephus

• View Profile
tying down my plants?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 09:05:46 pm »
I'm with Ace on this one...are you sure they're only four weeks old? :skep:

AceW

• View Profile
tying down my plants?
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:05:46 pm »
I recommend the following with my experience. Take some string, sowing string is fine.
Wrap it around the stem under a node. Start with the 2nd node. Pull that string to the edge of the pot and tight it and tape it down. Secure the string with more tape. Take more string and go higher and higher along the stem, but being careful not tightening to the point of the stem feelking like it will break, but they can take a beating so dont worry with some pressure. Have about well in ur plant size id say 15 strings pulling that sucker down.

Pepperpot

• View Profile
tying down my plants?
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 11:05:46 pm »
Welcome to HC.com!  :D
It seems like your 4 week old plants need to be in the Training forum, so let me move you there.  Try a search on Low Stress Training or read through this forum for tie-down tips, many people are doing it!
Luck on your grow!
PP :Peace:

senorpimpo

• View Profile
tying down my plants?
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 12:05:46 am »
so i tied em down and here is a pic of the new bent plants... they already started turning up. hopefully it will be all good from here. im gonna try to keep training them a little more but i might run out of room.  here is hoping  :yes:

bud~swell

• View Profile
tying down my plants?
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 01:05:46 am »
Omg Those Plants Are Sexy!!!!!

senorpimpo

• View Profile
tying down my plants?
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 02:05:46 am »
wow i cant believe how well these are doing now... im getting excited for later  :D