Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend an water pump  (Read 25 times)

jolie

• View Profile
Can anyone recommend an water pump
« on: April 25, 2005, 07:19:34 pm »
I am slowly but surely getting my hydro garden set up.  Right now I am going with a 25 gal, a 15 gal, a 10 gal and a 3 gal reservoirs.  Since I do not have a drain in my grow room, a 12'x12' shed, I am going to have to find a way to move the water out when changing reservoir content.  Since I am not going to be able to lift the reservoirs, I will need a pump to remove the water.  Can anyone make some suggestions in this area?  THanks in advance ;)

grass_hopper

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 08:19:34 pm »
Can you set up a syphon?  No pump required.
Do you care how long it takes?  If not, then any $20 pond pump from Home Depot would work.  If you want it to go fast you can get a sump for $75-150.

draconis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 09:19:34 pm »
I use a bilge pump for a boat, find it in the fishing dept at wal-mart
some are cheep, but I paid about 50 for mine, it moves 1100GPH or 18+Gallons/min. I use a 12volt ac adapter with a push button, but a car battery can work too. It really hauls some booty. Caution tho, just make sure you have the hose secure ;) you ever seen a garden hose on full blast with no one holding it? :laser:

Flarny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:19:34 pm »
If you are in a shed, then you might be off the ground somewhat.  You can siphon or you could pump or you could put a drain with a hose going through the wall on it and just open a valve.
I have a buddy that uses a wet/dry shop vac.  It works very quicly but only holds a limited amount of water and must be emptied.
I use my change water in my flower beds and herb garden.

penguin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 11:19:34 pm »
Hi Jolie
Another option is an inexpensive 60gph fountain pump, available from HD for $21.95.  They are small enough to fit through a netpot site or access hole.  
:Peace:
penguin