Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: LST & SEX  (Read 38 times)

SecretGarden

• View Profile
LST & SEX
« on: April 25, 2005, 12:05:58 am »
hey all, i was just checking out some stuff on lst. i my self have lst'd and ended up once with 1 lady and 1 dood, and another time 1 dude. the first time i lst'd a few days after i was into the flowering and the other time i lst'd in the veg state. i've heard things about stress affecting the sex out come.  i was wondering if anyone knew anything about lst affecting the sex out come.

buzzmobile

• View Profile
LST & SEX
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 01:05:58 am »
I'm wondering about the string... :lol:  :lol:  :rolleyes:

becker

• View Profile
LST & SEX
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 02:05:58 am »
buzz, I only clicked on this one because I thought it read, LSD & SEX. lol

buzzmobile

• View Profile
LST & SEX
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 03:05:58 am »
I clicked on it because it said SEX. :yes:

becker

• View Profile
LST & SEX
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 04:05:58 am »
I might as well throw in my :2cents:   I don't think lsting a plant will put it into the type of stress that can cause a female to go male. I think you got unlucky and ended up with an unwelcome male in your two grows. But I sure haven't been growing long enough to be able to say for sure.
Let me add something. There are a lot of growers here who swear by lsting so I don't think they would utilize this method of increasing yield or controlling height if they were going to have to risk causing a potential female to become male.

Quasi

• View Profile
LST & SEX
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 05:05:58 am »
LST = 'low' stress training :D...done right...it should not affect the sex

Swapmeet

• View Profile
LST & SEX
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 06:05:58 am »
ive lsted a few plants and one grow got all females and another one i got 3 females 1 male...it was just bad luck i think...this grow i think im only going to tie it down a couple times.

Gr8Hit

• View Profile
LST & SEX
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 07:05:58 am »
I averaged about 1/2 and 1/2 and lst'd the heck out of my plants....
the remaining girls are really thanking me for it later on so I am making clones out of the remaining females and will do the same with them... they will bend and grow as long as they they have light to grow up to. Bushier too!  :D

SGTQUICK420

• View Profile
LST & SEX
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 08:05:58 am »
lst / training/ topping /crimping what ever abuse you toss up in my beleif boys will be boyz / girls will become smoke. take a mother plant used for clones you chop/you trim /u twist to keep new growth shoot growing to cut for new plants talk about stress a little bending aint going to change sex if it does the plant was not a stable plant to begin with.No need to worry .NOW if i am going to spend >>>>>TIME<<<<<<< bending twisting what ever way your going to train do it TOO CLONES OF KNOWN SEX{PS WASTE OF TIME ON UNSEXED PLANT UNLESS YOUR OUTSIDE??THEN ITS STILL A LOST CAUSE}
 CLONE SEX THEN TRAIN  just my wooden nickle  
find a mother then no need to worry bend /twist/ SUPERCROP{crush the stems  oh yah baby stress them babies} GET UR PH out of wack,  FERT BURNS, no need to worry ladies stay ladies/// ps sm0ked up reply but direct and to the point seed are great spend ur time and efferts on a known out come not a hope. When i start seeds its a short fast veg i top clone then after clone roots sex and finish pick outstanding momma then REAP THE REWARDS :D  :doh:  :D  :)  ;)  ;)  :yes:  :D
  peace sgtQUICK420

snappydog

• View Profile
LST & SEX
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 09:05:58 am »
i have never had a problem with LST and male:female ratios.........
:D

grass_hopper

• View Profile
LST & SEX
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 10:05:58 am »
I clicked on it because it said SEX.
Damn... me too!  Great minds think alike.
I've done my share of LST - granted not dozens of crops but it hasn't affected the ratio of M:F.  I've actually been lucky and gotten at least 60% or better w/ each crop raised from seed.