Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: Quick Flush  (Read 70 times)

pakalolo boy

• View Profile
Quick Flush
« on: September 09, 2004, 11:49:20 am »
I am trying a quick flush and wash to salvage some leaves from a failed plant for cooking or tincture.  The plant was in a pot, is about 10 weeks old,female but no sign of buds about 22" tall. It was one I talked about in the nursery forum with curled and wrinkled new growth and couldn't seem to salvage it. I want to flush it, plus wash off the leaves to remove as many bugs,eggs and turds as possible(still will probably only use about 1/3 of leaves).
So I have pulled the plant out of the pot and hosed the dirt off the roots. It was not really pot-bound but I was surprised to see some big chunks of wood clinging to the roots apparently from the soil I dug up. Once I got most of the dirt off the roots and hosed off the leaves I stuck the roots in a bucket of clean water yesterday and then repeated again today with fresh water.
Do you think it is flushed yet or need more time?
Anyone ever do it this way? It's amazing how tough the roots and leaves are, I sprayed it hard with a hose but it held up good.
pakalolo

Hash_Brown

• View Profile
Quick Flush
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 12:49:20 pm »
if you dug up your own dirt its no wonder you had bugs and eggs on your plant.
usually when flushing i just flush the soil with 5 times the pot size worth of water, so if they are in my 5 gallon pots i flush the soil with 25 gallons of water. never tried doing it your way.
-hb