Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: flowering a long time  (Read 90 times)

pearl

• View Profile
flowering a long time
« on: February 22, 2005, 11:19:21 pm »
It seems like my 3WW and 3WR are flowering fore ever. Its been over 12 weeks and they don't seem to want to finish...I mean the look OK and they are good size but when you look real close (i wish a had a digital camera) they seem to be a bit green. Their height is about 40 in. w/good buddage.
 :scratch: No matter what next week is flush week.
 Has any body else had this experience ?  Maybe I'm looking for perfection because they do look good, it just seems I'm going for the real gusto.
 Next time I will have the 1000wts instead of the 400w,actually I'll have them both.
 400w HPS
 400w MH
 400w MH
 hydro w/ drip system
 GH Nutes
 average RH 50%
 Temp 84 degrees F
 2 - 10" fans for circulation

dabuddha

• View Profile
flowering a long time
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 12:19:21 am »
I just had a similiar situation at week 11 I started reducing the daytime by a half hour every day or two and I pulled the lights away about 6-8 inches. however I was growing a sativa/indica strain, I think both are primarily indica strains which tend to flower much faster, but I could be wrong. anyway the plant will finish fast if you reduce the length of the day, I ended around 8 or 9 hour days.

Psychodelic

• View Profile
flowering a long time
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 01:19:21 am »
Have you not had a chance to check the trichs yet? I would say the WR and WW shouldn't have gone for more than 10 weeks, I think they are both 8-9 week strains,  but it's your grow. It's all gravey if you like the final product and had fun in the process.

pearl

• View Profile
flowering a long time
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 02:19:21 am »
dabudda, phychodelic, thanks for the responses.
 I think you are both a bit right, I appreciate it again thank to both of you:)

MoSnazzy

• View Profile
flowering a long time
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 03:19:21 am »
What do the hairs look like?

GanjaTHief

• View Profile
flowering a long time
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 04:19:21 am »
That weed is prolly gonna be str8 up couchlock =\ have you check the thc tri's.. :)

jamesgang

• View Profile
flowering a long time
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 05:19:21 am »
... Only 8 weeks and they didnt look ready, but they sure are potent... Harvest soon and be prepared to sleep alot...
JG

pearl

• View Profile
flowering a long time
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 06:19:21 am »
Mo, GanjaTHeif and jamesgang , I looked in on my honies a few times today and it seems like right after I posted the color changed and goooooo everywhere. a few more days and its flush time. I really had patience this time. Usually I'm like...lets go there ready. I do believe it was well worth the wait. Now I can get my 1000w and hopefully a digital camera. Speaking of which..the other day I drilled some 1 inch holes in a window I put plywood on (to let some heat escape),(the temp went down 4 degrees) and today when the sun came through the hole it was right on the top of a bud. I now know the picture I can't wait to take next time. It looked unbelievable...I need a digital camera bad but I need a 1000w'er first. I'm hoping for both.:)
 Back on-topic....Thanks for the responses, the hairs look great, the couch is ready...cable bill paid, I may even buy a new pillow.:guitar:

budsniff

• View Profile
flowering a long time
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 07:19:21 am »
Pearl...I'm having the same thang happen to my girls..they have been flowering for bout 10 1/2 weeks gonna flush tonite and wait 1 more week..looks like they are gonna give me oz+ on each girl..to bad theres only two of em...Peace :yes: