Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: 5 Gallon lids w/ holes  (Read 35 times)

Zero One

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« on: March 09, 2004, 02:08:59 pm »
Betterthannature has black lids for 5 gallon buckets with 5 inch holes already cut in them.  Does anyone know where else these can be found.  Betterthannature seems to have crazy shipping rates.
Alternatively, is there an easy way to cut the holes yourself?  Just seems like such a pain in the arse.
:confused:

HydroSan

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 03:08:59 pm »
Mate, I don't want to sound patronizing, but if you can't work out how to cut a hole in a 5 gal bucket lid all on your own, I seriously think home growing is not for you;)
Can you ask one of the growups to supervise you with a sharp knife:p :lol: j/k;)
San:smokin:

HyDroHawg

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 04:08:59 pm »
Here's one. (http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=BL306) , but like HydroSan said...  They're pretty easy to construct...  ;)

dcu1976

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 05:08:59 pm »
check this link out:
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=BL306
this sturdy six-inch net cup lid fits any standard bucket, it's perfect for do-it-yourself, custom hydro systems.
hope this helps, perfect for Bubbling buckets!!!!!!

airedog

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 06:08:59 pm »
Personally, I hate the time and effort of using an xacto knife to cut good circles. Therefor I cheat and use a hole saw, Milwaukee tools makes excellent ones, they are a tad pricey though. Stay away from the kits and just buy the sizes you need plus the right arbor for the saw.
Airedog

jamesgang

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 07:08:59 pm »
... With a hole cutter attachment...
JG

HydroSan

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 08:08:59 pm »
What about that lazer thing Goldfinger had:idea: or even better.... a nice shaped charge of P4, you could daisy chain multiple charges and make all the holes with the push of a button:D
Maybe we could find some WMD on the cheap:lol: or an afterburner to melt holes in them....
Where's my sledge hammer, I want some nuts:lol:
OK I'll stop now:p
San:smokin:

HyDroHawg

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 09:08:59 pm »
Too funny HydroSan!  :lol:  But JG's right, those RotoZips are probably the ticket...  I seen the commercial for one, and they had a circle cutting bit attachment for it...  A perfect circle cut everytime...  ;)

choker

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 10:08:59 pm »
Does the trick--same as Rotozip.  Don't have a round template/cutter though, just a cutting wheel.  I've cut my share of uneven circles and with small net pots, the flanges on them can be shallow.
I think that netpot bucket lid from Wormsway is my next move.

HyDroHawg

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 11:08:59 pm »
yeah, I ordered two for myself for some "keeping the strain around" clone buckets...  ;)  I also scored some nice 3600 lumens ea 4ft flouro lamps...  I'm going to keep some mothers on hand next for clones in these buckets...  They ought to be able to grow with 7200 lumens...  ?

scarfa21

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2004, 12:08:59 am »
Originally posted by dcu1976
check this link out:
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=BL306
this sturdy six-inch net cup lid fits any standard bucket, it's perfect for do-it-yourself, custom hydro systems.
hope this helps, perfect for Bubbling buckets!!!!!!  
I have those, they work awesome.

lIteundrdadoor

• View Profile
5 Gallon lids w/ holes
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 01:08:59 am »
you can use a long thin piece of cardboard with 2 holes equaling half the width of the hole(2 1/2)  nail in one hole marker in other.
 and a cheap cutter is tin snips (about5$):D