Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: Clean burning smoke?  (Read 78 times)

semiconcious

• View Profile
Clean burning smoke?
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:31:00 pm »
What are the reasons for your MJ to not burn properly,,, goes out,,
 ashes are black , how do you obtain a nice clean burning smoke

outdoors

• View Profile
Clean burning smoke?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 08:38:00 pm »
I would say the primary reason is that the bud is not fully cured or dry.
Peace-
OD

DLA

• View Profile
Clean burning smoke?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:36:00 pm »
I have to agree with outdoors.  Moisture content is very important for a good smoke.  Obviously dry :MJ: burns hot, fast and harsh.  Try curing longer(how long did it cure)
Also an improper flush will leave residue that may effect smokability
HTH

afterburner

• View Profile
Clean burning smoke?
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 09:47:00 pm »
improper flushing no doubt :D Thats the only thing that causes black ash.

downtownsmoker

• View Profile
Clean burning smoke?
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 10:22:00 pm »
I would say curing is the biggest issue for me when my smoke isnt acting how I want it to. Also like mentioned, if your plants are not flushed properly they will taste like butt, and not burn as well. Black ash as afterburner said. Other than that, if your herb is burning weird its like way you packed your bowl. Grind your herb up, or keep lighting it a few times than pack it in with the butt of your lighter. Usually compacting the substance after is been burnt a bit will greatly improve how well you can cherry your bowl up. If there is spaces in between your bowl where the flame can dip down it will slip into the neck of your pipe and just burn resin. Vise versa if your bowl is too packed, there is no way for the flame to pull around the weed and burn it. I usually have that problem the most, but like I said, fry the top a bit and pack it down with your bic and your set. Thats my :2cents:
I have an edit note to make, or if you really don't want your bowl clogged and dont want to grind it. Utilize the toothpick bowl method. Place a toothpick in the hole of your empty pipe, and than start loading the bowl around it. I have had spoon bowls that are a mound of two above the bowl, but burned like sweet jesus all the way down :D.
:hippy: dts

semiconcious

• View Profile
Clean burning smoke?
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 06:46:00 am »
well it was flushed with water as recomended x3 pot size then cut after 10 days,,, only dried 3 days when smoked ,,,is in jar now..

afterburner

• View Profile
Clean burning smoke?
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 08:35:00 am »
, only dried 3 days when smoked ,.
I wouldnt expect it to burn very well after 3 days of drying either :smokin:
:Peace:
-ab

dankmaster

• View Profile
Clean burning smoke?
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 09:01:00 am »
What are the reasons for your MJ to not burn properly,,, goes out,,
 ashes are black , how do you obtain a nice clean burning smoke
Even if it's unflushed a cure will help immensely... Stick it in a jar and let it cure while you enjoy some of the rest :)

DLA

• View Profile
Clean burning smoke?
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 01:16:00 pm »
I wouldnt expect it to burn very well after 3 days of drying either :smokin:
:Peace:
-ab
Yo AB...I live in an area that is so dry that normal drying time is about 3-5 days depending on the bud girth.  I have tried so many ways of slowing it down other then adding a humidifier to the drying room.
It's dark, cool 70-78 degrees, dry, well vented (I have a carbon scrubber in there).  But it still drys to fast in my opinion(the humidity it about a negitive 20% when you walk outside it sucks the moisture out of you, sorta like looking in Madusa's eyes...:lol:) .  I have wrapped it in newspaper, hung newspaper around it, paper bags, dividers, all sorts of ways to slow it down but nothing seems to make a difference.  I'm just stuck with it.
So what I have found that works fine is maybe the day before it is just right for curing I put it in a jar and leave the top loose for 1 day then I close it and cure a normal 10-14 days or whatever it take burping often.  
All my smoke is tasty and burns well...I'm just struck with a short dry time.