Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: Creating home fert mixture  (Read 122 times)

Gcm33

• View Profile
Creating home fert mixture
« on: June 19, 2007, 10:52:00 am »
i have access to many ferts and i am wondering is it possible to create your own fert mixture custom to your plants needs. For example i have some fish fert that is 5-1-1 mainly N and i have epson salt too..dunno if thats any good... but would it be a good idea to mix these ferts all into one concoction, if so how can it be done and how will you know the N P K ( i think those are the three main ones lol).
Sorry for the shaky details im very inexperienced with ferts as i try to stay away from them when growing in fear of killing my plants.
Any help would greatly be appreciated, thank you too whom ever responds.

alley17cat

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 11:59:00 am »
Gcm33---start with the fish chit for vegging.  The espon salts is usually just used for if you know you have a plant that needs more magnesium, or has a mg deficiency.  5-1-1 fish chit works great for house plants, but won't cover everything you need for mj growing, and the espon salts most likely won't cover it.  At least I've never had a plant that produced anything with just using those alone, it can be done, but if you're in this for the smoke, do what you can to be the healthiest plants you can have.  It will pay off in the end.
I've used both of these over the years, but you need more, especially once flowering starts.
Happy Growing
Alley

afterburner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »
yeah, you certainly can mix up your own mixtures... You'll wants some bone meal or bat guano in there for added P....
also find something to suppliment K. once you hit flowering.... like a seaweed suppliment..
Check this thread out https://www.gardenscure.com/420/plant-food-nutrients/94773-tell-us-your-soil-mix.html