Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: Extreme growth  (Read 27 times)

airedog

• View Profile
Extreme growth
« on: March 09, 2004, 02:02:38 pm »
When I upped the veg nute formula for my Blue Thunder plants to 1200 ppm, I got signs of nute burn within a day. I flused for 36 hours and switched to a lower strength flowering formula. I switched to an HPS bulb as well, but I am leavingt the light cycle alone while I wait to be sure my cuttings 'take'. I have noticed a huge growth spurt in the last three days, over 6 inches per plant, with increased girth as well. The plants are not stretching, just exploding outwards in all directions. As this is only my 2nd grow, I am not sure if this is a standard occurence. I have seen growth spurts before but never anything this dramatic.
Airedog

jamesgang

• View Profile
Extreme growth
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 03:02:38 pm »
... Growth spurts are normal and since you notice everything is exploding," nute on". I push my plants to the limit. And do what you have done if I experience a problem. Good job man, and happy holidays to you too...
Jamesgang

airedog

• View Profile
Extreme growth
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 04:02:38 pm »
Here is what I mean;
http://pictures.marijuana.com/gallery/data-stuff/6a9aeddfc689c1d0e3b9ccc3ab651bc5/full_328_p8944.jpeg
They are definitely going to need a trellis or some sort of training during the flower phase, as they are already within a foot of the light.
Since changing to the flower formula, they have been drinking deep, they started at 900 ppm, now 3 days and 2 water additions later, they are down to 640 ppm. pH is rising slightly as they drink, I am keeping it between 5.8 and 6.2, by adjusting to 6.0 when I add water.
Airedog

jamesgang

• View Profile
Extreme growth
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 05:02:38 pm »
...But your height concern bothers me. During the flowering stage tose plants will triple in size. Yea, I would go with some sort of wire mesh to block them from hitting the light. How high is your grow room???
JG

airedog

• View Profile
Extreme growth
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 06:02:38 pm »
about 7'6" high. Unfortunately ;) the growth is truly phenomenal, here are the same plants 16 days ago;
http://pictures.marijuana.com/gallery/data-stuff/6a9aeddfc689c1d0e3b9ccc3ab651bc5/full_328_p7774.jpeg
I figure I'll have to use a mesh trellis of some sort to keep the plants out of the lamp; good thing I only have 4 buckets this time.
Airedog

jamesgang

• View Profile
Extreme growth
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 07:02:38 pm »
...for the great plants you have. Very impressed...
JG

negative_space2

• View Profile
Extreme growth
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 08:02:38 pm »
what ever your doin, keep it up, ull be gettin tons o dank budz

TyeWeed

• View Profile
Extreme growth
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 09:02:38 pm »
Yeah man, you are doing it right on. Let me ask you what PPM meter you are using? Got a little cash in my stocking this year. :)
Happy Christmas:D

airedog

• View Profile
Extreme growth
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 10:02:38 pm »
I have a NutraDip TriMeter, it's working fine so far. However, it is best for a static application, like a constant reading from a res. Portability is an issue, as is the likelihood of losing all the meter functions at once, if somthing goes wrong. Eventually I want to get some Oakton pens, that way I can easily take separate readings from each bucket or from my nursery area.
Airedog

airedog

• View Profile
Extreme growth
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 11:02:38 pm »
Here are 2 pix from today, the flash pic is to give you an idea of the color, both plants in the foregrounds are the same (2nd smallest plant). I have had to take the top 8" off the 2 largest plants, thankfully the cuttings seem to be getting ready to root.
http://pictures.marijuana.com/gallery/data-stuff/6a9aeddfc689c1d0e3b9ccc3ab651bc5/full_328_p9399.jpeg
http://pictures.marijuana.com/gallery/data-stuff/6a9aeddfc689c1d0e3b9ccc3ab651bc5/full_328_p9400.jpeg
These are being grown with the basic 3 part Advanced Nutrients, supplemented with B1, H202 and additional bubble rings, Green Fuse (root and bloom), and now CarboLoad. They went into a flowering light cycle this week. Initial flowering nutes were 860 ppm. They drink about 8 litres a day which raises the pH to 6.2. When I top-up and adjust the pH, the nute strength drops by about 60 ppm.
There are 3 drip stakes per bucket with a 350 gph mag pump driving them. I have 2 buckets per drain leg, in order to facilitate rapid solution flow through, and minimise flooding if a line is blocked by roots.
Airedog