Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: What fert?? (Take ur pick from inside)  (Read 69 times)

BudMeister

• View Profile
What fert?? (Take ur pick from inside)
« on: July 03, 2004, 09:39:57 am »
Hi
Cali Orange indoor
7" dia pots (gravel\potting soil\sand\perlite)
floursent tube
Week 3(ish)
Plant height 6" (ish)
Which out of the below should I use in your opinions?
many thanks :cool:

Brindie

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 10:39:57 am »
All three of those ferts have a good NPK ratio for vegging.  One thing to consider is whether you want to use organic or chemical ferts.  Since your soil is not amended properly for an organic grow, I recommend one of the chemical ferts.  They should have less of an odor issue than the fish, blood & bone meal also.  Do either of them contain micronutrients?  If the micronutrient content is similar between the two I would go with the house plant food because all of its phosphorus is water soluble.

BudMeister

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 11:39:57 am »
Thanks for your reply bud. :hello:
Ive been using the Houseplant tub in tiny (probally waste of time... tiny) amounts over the last 2 weeks, and the plants seem to like it. The fact you reccommend it also seals the deal so thanks for your help.
When I next water in about 2 days I'll give them just under half what the tub reccommends and build up from there :wiggle:
One more question if I may, you mentioned my soil not being correct for a organic grow. If its not too involved could I ask why?
Thanks

Brindie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 12:39:57 pm »
Cool, sounds good.  :cool:
Soil for use with organic nutes should be amended with compost and/or worm castings to supply microorganisms which are necessary to break down organics.