Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: Good smell at a distance, strange smell up close  (Read 166 times)

Ultima

• View Profile
Good smell at a distance, strange smell up close
« on: December 31, 2004, 02:52:26 pm »
My plant has been drying for 5 days now and seems ready to cut the buds off the branches.  When I go into my drying room I can smell that good familiar smell of MJ, but when I put my nose directly onto the buds the smell is totally unfamiliar, but very pungent.  Is this just because it hasnt cured yet?  There is no mold and I did not use any nutrients on my plant.
Thanks!

Fillabong

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 03:52:26 pm »
What does it smell like?  What could it be compared to?  
F:MJ:

jamesgang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 04:52:26 pm »
... How do you NOT use nutrients??? That may be your problem. Or, just go thruogh the drying and curing process. It will return...
JG

Swapmeet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 05:52:26 pm »
On my first grow ever, while they were drying they smelled good from a far, and kind of like tea of something...very strong and like grass...yeah closer to wet grass.  by the time i was ready to start curing it smelled like straight chronic.
swap

MoSnazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 06:52:26 pm »
It is probably the chlorophil(sp?) you are smelling. After they dry and cure the chlorophil, which is a starch by the way, will turn into sugars and will make it yummy to the taste and smell.
I may be wrong but it is normal.

MoSnazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 07:52:26 pm »
Sidenote - If you haven't already done so save yourself some work and go ahead and trim the leaves off it while its still a little wet. Learned the hard way myself.

Swapmeet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 08:52:26 pm »
I agree mo, it is the chlorophyl.....thats why it goes away after the chlorophyl breaks down