Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: Different stages of Nuting  (Read 132 times)

WikingCanuck

• View Profile
Different stages of Nuting
« on: July 03, 2004, 10:11:54 am »
:rolleyes: At what age{in weeks} are you supposed to start giving nutrients for vegetation? I've heard of Alf Alfa Tea for sprouts but what I want to know is when do you start using the "real" nutrients for vegetation and how often are you supposed to give nutrients to your plants?once every watering,once every week,month,etc..? :rolleyes:
 :guns:  :dance:  :sniper:

afterburner

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 11:11:54 am »
Whenever your plants start whining at you cuz their hungry ;)
No serious.
They do talk, its through their leaves! ;)
Ok well...
It really depends on the type of nutes your using... And what stage of growth ur at... But basically this is how I've been doin it;
Once my plants have gotten a couple weeks old and have their true :MJ: leaves out I start approx 1/4 strength nutes.
Then when their big enough it gets bumped up to full strength. Every watering.
(I use botanicare pure blend pro & liquid karma)
Your best bet though is to start out at every other watering. Thats what I did at first, until I got fammiliar with what my nutes did to the plants. Work up to every watering from there, you dont want to burn your plants...
But like I said, they'll tell you what they need, :D some strains can handle tons of nutes, others dont like many at all.
Peace
Afterburner

still

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 12:11:54 pm »
Yes I agree.  Definately wait for the cotyledons (the little round leaves) to turn yellow and dry up.  Then you know its safe to start the nuting for the veg. stage, I'd use fish emulsion as a first fert at 1/4 strength to start off with.  As for sprouts, I'd say use worm castings tea.  I think it's pretty safe for sprouts, just don't overdo it, ya know?