Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: 6 1/2' plant????  (Read 30 times)

rng007

• View Profile
6 1/2' plant????
« on: March 23, 2004, 02:51:53 am »
OK, I have a 6 1/2' 2 months old plant? No flowers yet...Is this a male? If it is, what should I do with it? Throw it out? Should I bother drying out the leaves? If it is a female, when should there be flowers/buds starting to grow?

Phantom

• View Profile
6 1/2' plant????
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 03:51:53 am »
IMHO wait until it's sexed first:cool:
Phantom
Ghost Who Smokes

rng007

• View Profile
6 1/2' plant????
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 04:51:53 am »
So, you are saying...it may be a female, and I should wait. but how long should I wait?

Nuggs

• View Profile
6 1/2' plant????
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 05:51:53 am »
rng007,
If you are growing that monster under lights, go to a 12/12 cycle now to induce flowering. If you are growing outdoors w/sunlight there is not much you can do for now. It will begin to flower when the day and night are near equal length. If you are outdoors, I would suggest training the top of the plant to grow horizontally. This will cause side shoots to grow vertically (this is good), and prevent your plant from being 15 feet tall by the time you harvest in late October (or maybe even early November!). You will be able to sex it shortly after flowering begins. And, even if it is male, it could still prove to be quite potent. Just harvest right before it drops pollen. No point wasting a good plant.
If this doesn't answer your questions, please re-post, and give more details about the growing conditions.
Cheers,
Nuggs

malibu

• View Profile
6 1/2' plant????
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 06:51:53 am »
6 1/2 ft plant at 2 months, since your posting in the hydro section so we'll assume that growth is indoors
heck, I have turned the lights down to 11 on/13 off (or even a little less) to be sure to induce sexing/flowering

rng007

• View Profile
6 1/2' plant????
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 07:51:53 am »
Yes, the plant is outside...Well I am glad that it may still be a female...I was ready to throw it out...I used a lot of Peter's fertalizer.