Hemp Cultivation

Notice: Registration is disabled. Please continue discussing on Overgrow.com!

Author Topic: Reguler Dirt?  (Read 110 times)

Vi0l3nt P4wn

• View Profile
Reguler Dirt?
« on: November 17, 2002, 10:25:00 am »
How bad would it be to get use reguler backyard dirt for indoor growing then using soil?   Nobody really sells soil during winter.

THELONERANGER

• View Profile
Reguler Dirt?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 10:28:00 am »
Dont be cheep .. Go get some good soil.. Back yard dirt is to heavy..It doesnt drain rite..  and gets a real hard surface. But it will work... slowly..

PipeWorks

• View Profile
Reguler Dirt?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2002, 10:49:00 am »
Yes, def. get a nice soil, someting with a lot of vermiculite and perlite.  MJ likes a very light soil, something that drains well.

Hash_Brown

• View Profile
Reguler Dirt?
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2002, 12:04:00 pm »
using backyard dirt is also likely to cause you insect and pest problems, because you will be bringing them in with the dirt. go to home depot or walmart and get some soil and perlite...you might get some some funny looks though:cool:
-hb

plainsman1963

• View Profile
Reguler Dirt?
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2002, 12:19:00 pm »
The one grow I used backyard dirt in, I had all kinds of problems.
Brought in buggies with my soil. Have to sterilize the soil by putting it in the oven at 300 or so for a couple of hours...yes, cook your dirt.
Needed way more nutrients than I do with store bought soil...my plants grew slower and sicker than any other grow.
I understand the hesitation about buying growing supplies wrong season. When I buy mine, I usually have a lengthy discussion about my "iris" flowers I am growing. Read up on a plant you can grow legally, and then act like that is what you are growing. 9/10ths of looking innocent, is acting innocent.
Peace,
Plains